Feeling orange

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Family Pictures

The first few days in Hamburg have been pretty busy catching up with my family and settling in. My sister lives in Altona, which is a great part of Hamburg. Most of my friends live here as well, and there are tons of cafes, restaurants and bars (yay!). It just makes me realize how much I enjoy the city life - step into the street and be swept away by the crowds.

My sister and her husband


I also get to spend some quality time with my nephew Mika, whom I only see about once a year. He's a cute kid, but can be a lot of work ;)
I'm very flattered that he remembers who I am. In this photo, he's planning something - you can see the mischief in his eyes...

My nephew Mika


My brother in law's sister and parents are visiting


Some of the chocolate I'll take back to the US


I also spent two days at my mom's. She lives in the suburbs of Hamburg, where we grew up. I usually help her with some work on the house when I visit. So far, I've moved about three cubic meters of (wet) sand from the driveway to the backyard. It actually didn't look like that much work, but I soon realized that the wheelbarrow doesn't really fit all that much sand... It was dark by the time I was done, so I don't have a photo of the sand yet. Anyways, here's a picture of my Mom with our cat Hobbes (who, of course, is named after the awesome comic.)

My mom and our cat Hobbes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home