Feeling orange

Friday, January 20, 2006

Pac In Time

At work we recently talked about computer games that we grew up with. It made me realize that the jump'n'run genre that was so prevalent on the C64 has pretty much disappeared. Today, everything is in 3D worlds without restrictions. Sounds cool, but sometimes the fun factor gets lost as well.

One game I really enjoyed was an old DOS jump'n'run named "Pac In Time". It's a classic platform game. The fun part is that you have several skills at your disposal to overcome obstacles and enemies. You can shoot fireballs, swing along the ceiling or dig yourself through the floor.

I haven't played it in years, so you may understand my excitement when I found it on Abandonia for download as abandonware. However, I couldn't get it to run directly in windows XP. The DOS mode is apparently somewhat messed up (no surprises here). Others have noticed this as well, and so someone has implemented a DOS emulator that will enable you to run the game. Sweet!

Swinging is just the most awesome game control ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home