Feeling orange

Friday, April 28, 2006

Skype'd

It's pretty cool to make a phone call over the Internet. Last Christmas, my Dad in Germany got DSL and so there should be nothing to stop us from talking over the net. I've tried Google Talk and the Yahoo Messenger, but was pretty unhappy with the sound quality. I was getting a lot of echoes and sometimes the audio got all chopped up and it was impossible to understand. So last week we installed Skype and it works like a charm. Sweet! I'm not going to post my username here, but send me a note if you are also on Skype.

Secondly, I've finally managed to get Bluetooth working on my laptop. So now I can use the Bluetrek S2 headset that I got for Christmas. Pretty cool. The whole thing is super light, the sound quality is pretty decent and I can walk around while talking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home