Feeling orange

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

New Gear

I've been riding a burton canyon board with salomon sp4 bindings for the last three years. I noticed a crack in the baseplate of one of the bindings, so we went to Mel Cottons to check out some of the after-season gear and replace the bindings before they rip off the board while I'm going down the mountain. You may think I wouldn't buy salomon again, but I really liked the sp4. The front strap doesn't open all the way and can be flapped to the front instead, which is very convenient. Both straps are wide and well cushioned to avoid pressure points. So I figured that a binding may break after three years and checked out the latest models. I settled for the spx 55, which provides all the features I like and is a bit sturdier.

Checking out gear is always risky - there are just too many cool things that one may like. In this case I couldn't resist getting a new snowboard as well. The canyon has been a great board for the last years, but it's core is getting a bit weak and I'm ready for a slimmer board. I got a great deal on a burton custom, which is one of the best boards out there. Sweet! I can't wait getting back to Tahoe and trying everything out. :)

New board and bindings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home