Seattle - part 1
I'm in Seattle. *sweet*! I'm here to attend the SigIR conference and present a demo together with Dan. I think this is going to be a busy-a-lot-of-work-but-fun week.
I'm staying in one of the dorms right on the University of Washington campus. This wasn't my first choice - all the hotels were already booked - but I'm glad it worked out like this. The rooms are organized in units of five, with a small common area and I've already met a few other conference participants.
To add a bit of adventure to my trip, I decided to use public transport to get from the airport to UW, instead of renting a car, getting a cab or using the recommended shuttle service. The first bus took me right into downtown Seattle and dropped me off at a stop with instructions to wait for another line. This one got me right to the campus. So far, so good. The campus is pretty large, I didn't bring a map - so I just kind of ventured down a street that seemed to point the right way. Well - it didn't ;) But I did make it right to the water and found a few beautiful spots on the way. I managed to ask my way to the right direction and eventually made it to the dorm. The room is basic, but clean and you can't beat the location.
I gotta run to the first reception tonight. Stay tuned, I'll keep you posted.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home