Feeling orange

Saturday, November 04, 2006

The new iPod Shuffle

Ever since Apple announced the new iPod shuffle, I've been wondering if it wouldn't be the perfect mp3 player for working out. It's tiny - just about the size of a box of matches - and it has a clip built-in, so you can attach it to your clothes.


I've been visiting the local Apple store for the past days to check one out in person, but they were just not available yet. Today the sign finally announced the arrival of the new shuffle, but it was still nowhere to be seen in the store.
Until I asked one of the store employees, just to realize that he was actually wearing one on the sleeve of his shirt. It's really hard to impress how small the player is. I've taken these pictures trying to put it in reference to something else.


I was really blown away by how small it is. It is tiny and very light, yet the aluminum casing gives it a pretty solid feel. The integrated clip is ingenious. I'll by trying mine out in the gym tomorrow. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Right on! I hope you like it. I ended up getting the older 1 Gb iPod Shuffle because I liked the fact that it doubles as a USB drive whereas the new iPod shuffle cannot. But it certainly is small.

11:14 AM

 
Blogger waveman said...

Hi Tom, it's fantastic! The lack of a usb connector is a slight drawback, but I prefer the super-tiny form-factor.

11:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home