Feeling orange

Sunday, May 20, 2007

30 mile warmup

Next weekend is Memorial Day and we have a fantastic trip planned: Biking along Highway 1 from Carmel to San Luis Obispo! The whole trip will be about 160 miles. We'll bike about 60 miles on Saturday and Sunday each and then take it a bit easier on Monday to finish the tour.


I was somewhat concerned that my knee might not be up to the task, so Anthony and I took the opportunity this weekend to figure out how to bike from our new place to work. Riding on the streets in downtown is pretty bad, but after a few miles we were able to enter Coyote Creek trail, which runs all the way to South San Jose. It took about an hour to bike 15 mile to the Starbucks that is close to our work. Going back was a bit tougher because of strong winds and legs getting tired, but we made it without any major issues. My knee feels fine, so I am all set for next weekend!

We'll be a group of seven people and there's still tons of things to be organized, but the most important is that we found a huge bus that will fit our bikes, food, camping gear and everyone, so that we won't have to carry anything on the bikes (except lots of water) and we have a backup in case something goes wrong. I am really looking forward to this trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home