Feeling orange

Thursday, December 07, 2006

And... School's over!

I took a great class this quarter, but I would be lying if I said that I'm sad it's over. Everyone had to work on a term project and write a 12-page paper instead of taking a final exam. This sounds like a good deal, and the projects are usually a lot of fun, but it's tons of work as well. I'd wager that most students will spend much less time preparing for an exam than working on a project. Things just have to get done. And that was a real problem for me because things just wouldn't work properly.

My project is about using Xen Virtualization for cluster management. Unfortunately, it took forever to get Xen with Fedora Core 6 to be stable and even then, the performance was abysmal. Ah well, the deadline was at 5:00PM and that's exactly what my submission email timestamp is.

Time to have a couple of beers. *sweet*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home