Surgery Videos
My surgeon told me that I would receive a DVD of the whole procedure. I found that a bit odd, but it's also pretty awesome. I wonder if this is a requirement for insurance purposes.
Cecile and I were way to curious to wait and so we watched everything on Friday afternoon. I really liked being able to see what was done. I've decided to post the whole set of recordings here in case anyone is interested in seeing how my right knee looks from the inside. It is truly amazing how well the surgeon can see the knee and operate on it. The commentary is mostly by Dr. Jeter and helps understand which steps are being taken.
I was also surprised how very not gory the recordings are. I know it's still a bit gross, but it's really much more interesting than it is gross.
The first video is just a short introduction by the surgeon describing what will happen in the next hour or so. I've added a slideshow of still images to it. (0:49)
The second recording takes a look around the knee, patella, missing acl, torn meniscus while the surgeon applies a local anesthesia. (4:42)
The trimming of the meniscus is shown in this (longest) part of the surgery. (26:50)
The surgeon is now removing the remnants of the old acl and shaving the bone to prevent future damage to the new acl. (17:12)
This clip shows the drilling of the canal that will receive the new acl. (10:32)
Finally, the new acl has been put in place and the knee is being straightened to see how things fit (they do beautifully). (1:42)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home